For several years, several of our residential customers have used our quarterly “reminder” service to schedule their computer checkups. This worked well in a simpler time when threats evolved more slowly. However, as technology advances, we must change our service offerings to better meet our customers’ needs. In this era of zero-day hacks, ransomware, and constant email phishing schemes, not to mention our complete dependence on our computers for communication, information, and electronic document storage, it’s not enough to “check up” on your computer every few months. If your computers are critical to your work or your life, you need constant and vigilant support and maintenance of your computers and your backups.
For this reason, we’ve decided to discontinue our quarterly Checkup Reminder Service. Instead, we recommend you consider one of our very affordable monthly maintenance plans.
Here are some of the features of our Remote Monitoring and Maintenance Plans that you may benefit from:
1. Devices run faster and more reliably so you have greater productivity and less user frustration.
2. Weekly updates and patches are regularly and systematically installed, eliminating hacking vulnerabilities and improving security
3. You can budget for a regular expense rather than getting hit with a big bill when problems have added up and are finally addressed.
4. We can manage your backups and check them routinely so you can be assured that your critical data is safe and available in the event of an emergency. (Requires use of NYGG-approved backup service.)
5. Our centralized managed anti-virus service means you never have to worry about license renewals and we make sure your anti-virus software updates properly.
6. We maintain thorough documentation of all your covered systems, including administrator passwords for covered servers, network devices, etc.
7. Covered devices are monitored regularly and we receive alerts if there is an issue. So minor problems can be addressed before they become major headaches.
Starting January 1st, 2018, we will no longer be sending automated quarterly check-up reminders. Of course, if you need help with an IT issue, we will still be happy to help you when you reach out to us.
If you’d like to inquire about our Remote Monitoring and Maintenance plans, please contact us!